Essex Yeomanry Rifle Competition 1904
In September 1904 the annual competition of the Essex Imperial Yeomanry Rifle Club took place at North Weald Range.
The arrangements were made by the following men from C Squadron, Essex Yeoman - Bandmaster Cock, Sergeant Major C Collis, Sergeant Major Silwood, Sergeant Gingell and Sergeant Major J C Roberts.
The Officers supervising the event were - Col R B Colvin, Lt Col Lermitte, Lt Col Patterson, Major Deacon, Major Whitmore, Captain Gosling, Captain Tritton, Lt Roddick, Lt Wylde, Lt Gold, Lt Magor and Lt Hill.
1. A Squadron - Cpl Fisher, Cpl Merry , SQMS Nunn and Trooper Baker
2. D Squadron - Sgt Morgan , Sgt Major Sheppard, Cpl Brown and Trooper Evitt
3. C Squadron - Bandmaster Cock, Sgt Gingell, Trooper Crabb and Trooper Shipman
4. B Squadron - Cpl Rogers, Trooper Harrington, Trooper Craig and Trooper Goodchild
Class A Competition 200 yards
1. Trooper Evitt 2. Trooper Crabb
Class A Competition 500 yards
1. Sgt Quick 2. Sgt Seagar
Class A 600 yards
1. Cpl Merry 2. Cpl Curie
Class B Competition
1. Cpl Leal 2. Bandsman Speller
Class C Competition
1. Trooper Barratt 2. Trooper Craig
Permanant Staff Prizes
Sgt Major Silwood , Sgt Major Sayer , Sgt Major Watson and RSM Roberts
Captain W S Gosling